However, that's in the world of math. In the rest of the world, it's not always true that doubling up negatives adds to the bottom line. When it comes to attitude and choices, negatives always take away. There are several common things we do to make a big negative impact on our lives.
All of this was on my mind when I came across this list of nine examples of negatives that are negative:
- Blame everyone else for how your life is turning out.
- Choose to believe people do not like you.
- Get angry when your plans (even the little one) get interrupted.
- Hold offenses close to your heart.
- Refuse to share or give generously.
- Be suspicious of people's motives, even if they are treating you well. After all, you never know.
- Keep an eye out for signs that the people around you have more advantages than you.
- Get mad at God when bad things happen to you.
- Watch a lot of violent TV and movies.
These are offered by Marilyn Elliott in a list she titles, Nine Ways to Deform Your Soul. In case you skipped straight to the list, let me be clear - don't do these things!May we choose life. May we choose to add value: to our own souls and into the hearts of our loved ones. May we live as bearers of light in a darkened world. Grace and peace, Scott