- the first newspaper published
- massive contributions in the world of art, music, sculpture
- the Reformation of the Church led by Luther and Calvin and others
- the invention of the watch, enabling coordination of people and advances in science
- use of new lenses in telescopes that allow for tremendous increases in observing deeper into space
Rabbi Edwin Friedman wrote about this when he said, "In order to imagine the unimaginable, people must be able to separate themselves from surrounding emotional processes before they can even begin to see (or hear) things differently." God wants to do a new work around us. God wants to restore and redeem the world. Read it in Isaiah 43:19.
We must pray to God for God's Spirit to lift from us the fog that our own fears and worries and lack of clarity allow to cover over the good that is happening around us. God is at work. This is true for the world, for the church, for our families, for our selves.
Grace and peace, Scott