Wednesday, July 12, 2017

From Scripture to Song to a Spirit-led Church

   It is probably silly, I know, but one of the many cherished things that my Grandfather passed down to me is a collection of poems and clippings that he typed out from notes of his own past sermons. I look through them from time to time and this week came across one that caught my eye. Of course, it is not a poem but a beloved song. My Grandfather even wrote in the name of the composer, Peter Scholtes. This is the clipping...


   I love this. I love that he loved it. Indeed, John 13:35 said it perfectly, "This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, when you love each other." I believe this is what the church is about: one in the Spirit, walking hand in hand, working with each other, with all praise to the Father. 
   I love serving a church that puts all of this on display, so regularly. This has been our history, this is certainly our present, and I am so excited about our future.
   Grace and peace, Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment